Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Katie's bridal shower!

7/28/12  We held a bridal shower for our side of the family in honor of my new sister in law, Katie!  The first thing to do was the invitations.  I ordered the digital file online from Half Pint Prints and Amber was great to work with me changing the font on Katie's name until it was just right!  I chose the turquoise and red color scheme because it was fun and bold (which fits Katie) and it was fun for a summer garden party.  Plus I was able to re-use the tissue poms and handmade yarn poms that I made for Max's birthday the month prior:

The big day arrived and we had a beautiful and sunny (albeit hot) day to enjoy the shower outside.  As guests arrived we directed them to the backyard with this sign (with one of the invitations on it)...


Here is a shot of the gift table all set up.

In this closer up shot you can see the frames that we painted and the Matt and Katie crossword puzzle that I made.

I wish that I had a less back-lit photo of the dessert table, but I was snapping pictures quickly as guests were arriving.  At least I got some good close ups too...

My mom brought these adorable turquoise and white cookies...

Sweets, sweets, and more sweets...




Chelsey made these amazing cupcakes!


We knew Katie likes strawberries...

...and peanut butter (I chopped up peanut butter cups and baked them into my brownies).

I purchased the digital file for the paper (used on the pendant banner and the food name tags) online from Dragonfly Twist Designs and then we printed the paper ourselves.  I loved all the different, yet coordinating prints!

I snapped this picture from my bedroom window as guests arrived since I had to run upstairs and get something anyway...

Ice water helped keep us cool (paper straws from Pick Your Plum)...
...as well as strawberry lemonade in mason jars.  In addition to sliced strawberries, Mark even pureed fresh strawberries and mixed them into the lemonade for us.  Mmm...


Now some pictures of the shower guests.  Dorothy, Joy, and Lindsey.

Lois, Shirlene, and Jana.

Joy and Janna.

Chelsey, Miranda, Me, and Katie.

 Jana (future mother in law!) and Katie.

Katie and Linda.

We enjoyed treats, visiting, hearing answers to the crossword puzzle (from Katie's perspective), and we enjoyed a fun video of Matt.  My mom compiled a list of questions which my brother Chris used to make a video interviewing him.  It asked questions about Katie and about their courtship.  Before he answered each question we paused the video and asked Katie what she thought he would say.  It was a lot of fun.

 And of course there were gifts!  Here is Katie opening some of them...






Katie, Chelsey, Me, and Miranda.  This photo is even more fun now that Miranda and Josh are engaged - this may be the first photo of all 4 of us girls!
We love you Katie and hope that you had a wonderful time being the center of attention for a while as the bride!  We are so glad that you're part of our family!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Love. Love. Love. It was such an amazing shower! I married into a great family and I am very excited for Miranda and Josh! Love you Holl!